Monday, February 2, 2009

Letting Go...

Ugh. I so didn't want to go work out today. Somedays I feel so energized and ready to rock it, and today so wasn't one of them. I actually went back to bed this morning after the kids went to school. I was totally gong to skip it. But, my husband, God bless him, started snoring, and I couldn't sleep. HAHAH! I am really glad.

I went to the YMCA and went to my cycling class and worked really hard! I felt great after I went, and so I went and did my 100 crunches I made my groupies do. (I have a list of friends on my cell phone that I send daily motivational texts to) And then I hopped on a stairmaster for a little bit. All in all, i worked out for 1 hour and 15 minutes. According to my heart rate monitor (I use a Polar F11 Women's Heart Rate Monitor), I burned about 1300 calories.

While I was working out, I was thinking about my blog and what to say today. I was thinking about how I have said a lot about my mom and guilt, and I wanted to clarify something. I do not blame her, except for maybe the crappy obesity genes she handed down - LOL! When I stopped exercising and going to the Y, that was MY choice. When the doctor wrote the prescription for antidepressants, I am the one that filled it and went and took them. (I am since off of those since I think they contributed to my weight gain, but I don't totally blame them either). I am the one that cooked the meals and ate the food and drank the booze. I have no one to blame but myself! Just wanted to clear that up!

So, I am sort of on a plateau but not really. Stupid scale won't move. I want to see that number move so bad! I love My Fitness Coach! (You can read my review of it here.) I started it last Sunday, and when I used it yesterday, it made me do my measurements all over again. I lost like 6 inches! But I gained a pound. I guess I am proof that a pound of muscle takes up less room than a pound of fat!

Last week I started taking vitamins again (I will go into that in a seperate post). And this week I am going to really concentrate on journaling my food. I am also trying to shock my bod a bit and shake things up. I know some people like to eat before they exercise and some don't. I've been reading up on it a lot, and there are just a billion opinions out there. I think it's all about what will work for you. I normally get up and eat breakfast, then go to the Y, so I am changing and this week I am going to try to work out BEFORE I eat just to see what happens. It was hard! I was starving by the time I got done. Maybe that will shake it up!

For this week's weigh in, I am up a pound to 189. But, again, I go back to those old pictures, and I don't feel like 189, does that make sense? I need to let go of old guilt and the numbers I guess!

Love, laughter and light,

Mrs. ChildFun


No comments:

Post a Comment