Wednesday, November 11, 2009

EEEEK! The Importance of Seeing Your Doctor

I am obese, but I feel good so I never really worry about going to the doctor. Well, the nurse practitioner I saw wanted to run several tests before I started my phentermine. They checked my thyroid, that was fine. They did a blood panel and my white cell count was fine. My kidneys were fine. My EKG was fine. Everything was fine up until we go to my lipids or cholesterol....

My triglycerides........... 96. Should be below 150.

YAY.

My HDL (good cholesterol) 74. Should be above 40.

YAY.

My LDL (bad cholesterol) 151. Should be below 100.

Eff.

Should be below 100. Eff, eff, eff, eff. I am borderline high risk.

*sigh*

My doc called me tonight and told me that she wants to see what happens with the phen and will retest my cholesterol in 3 months...........

So, while all in all, the test results were good, I am upset about this. I have a new worry now, one I've never had before. Bah humbug.

BUT, at least now I know, and it's up to me to change it. I got up this morning and took my first dose of phentermine so I am on the correct road for change I hope! I will let you know how my first day goes. I am starting with the 30 mg dosage...

No comments:

Post a Comment