Sunday, November 15, 2009

Just Checking in

Ah! Sunday mornings! I love them. Everyone at our house is so relaxed and refreshed. We have a crazy busy week ahead of us, but that is the norm when you have a house with three teens!

I have been on the phen since Wednesday, but I started cleaning up my eating before that, and I am really starting to feel the effects. I've been eating SO good. I think the cholesterol screening pretty much scared the shit out of me, and so I've been an angel with my food! I also started taking my vitamins again. I take an obscene amount of vitamins and supplements to be totally honest.

After several years of being on just about every diet, every exercise plan, ever diet pill, I've done a lot of research. I know what makes MY body tick. Yours is different, and I can't advise what you should take, but I know how my body functions best. I know how to lose weight. I know how to be healthy. I just have aforementioned mental issues that hold me back. I have to overcome those.

But, more about supplements. Over the years, I have read a lot of books on medicine, health, weight loss and fitness. I take a lot of things that I have learned I am lacking due to restricted diet and the fact that our soil just doesn't have the minerals and vitamins in it that it used to have. Also, thourgh cooking, freezing, etc food loses a lot. So, I try to put it back as best I can. I take extra fiber because when I do, it really helps my IBS, and fiber is good for you to help clean out your system and lower your cholesterol. I take fish oil supplements. I think everyone has heard how awesome these are for you! Someday I will list everything that I take, but I think most people would be shocked and I don't want to freak you out. LOL! Let's just say that it works for me :)

Anyway, side effects from phenterime. Well, Wednesday was my first day so that makes 4 full days on it. I am quite sure that if anything bad was going to happen, it would have by now. My side effects are actually awesome ones.
  1. I am never hungry. I have to make myself eat. I can see how someone who didn't know anything about food or nutrition would take this and go for days barely getting any food. It's a dangerous thought. I have heard the noise of my stomach grumbling, but felt nothing. It is hard to explain but it was more like I could hear it growling, does that make sense? I felt no hunger pangs and my brain sure wasn't telling me to eat! I have been trying to eat every 4 hours just because, through my research, I know that this is how my body functions best and loses weight.
  2. Speaking of weight, in the four days I have been on it, I have lose 3 pounds. Very nice. Understand though, the medicine itself doesn't make you lose weight, what you do or don't put in your body does. This medicine has given me the control and will power to decide what goes into my body!
  3. I have noticed that I feel colder than normal. This is a joyous thing. Most overweight people would agree with me I am guessing. When you are carrying around an extra 30,50,90 pounds, you are always warm. You have this disgusting laying of blubber insulating you all the time and always feel hot, damp, sweaty. Disgusting. I have noticed that I am acutally chilly and have been losing actually snuggling up with blankets!
  4. I am thirsty for water. Specifically water, not just "thirsty". I am loving this one! I know that I normally don't drink enough, so this is another fabulous benefit.
  5. One weird one, and I am keeping a close eye on it. About once or twice a day, I get a weird sensation in my cheeks like they are numb. It's a minor irritation, and it's not constant, and with the benefits I am seeing, one I will gladly take.
Other than those 5, I really haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. Blessedly, I haven't had jitters, crankiness, or any of the more serious side effects that other have reported. I am hoping that this will finally be what I need to get control of my weight back once and for all. 40 will be here April 3, and I want to look and feel amazing on that birthday!!!

Happy Sunday and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment