Saturday, July 20, 2013

Change In Plans

Well, my friend backed out on me for reasons of her own that I won't go into detail about.  I am REALLY bummed.  I hope that she finds the courage to do a 5k with or without me, though of course, the selfish part of me wishes it was with me.  She's certainly inspired me!  I am still going to start training for this and hope that she will change her mind and re join me.  I hope she knows how very much I love her and what an inspiration she is to so many people.  Love you, M.

But, with or without her, I have to do this for me now.  I have watched too much life pass me by wishing I was someone else.  It's time.  I have had health issues.  Injuries.  Emotional issues.  Guilt issues.  But, I have to get past all of that.  Step by Step.  I have had real things that have prevented me from exercise, but more than that, emotional blocks and a giant pile of excuses.  As of today, I am vowing to myself, no more excuses.   

I am starting slow as I am not very healthy.  I have walked the last three days, building up each day.  I started with 1.5 miles, then went to about 2 miles, and today about 2.5.

Tomorrow I am going to start the couch to 5k program and actually incorporate a little bit of running slowly into it.  I am very overweight so I would advise all of my neighbors to keep their blinds closed for the next few weeks.  This isn't going to be pretty.  I apologize in advance for anything you or your children might be exposed to in the coming weeks.  LOL!  Love you all!  


No comments:

Post a Comment