Sunday, July 21, 2013

Couch to 5k - Day 1


I did it. I completed day 1 of the Official Couch to 5k app.  For some reason, I really like Sarge yelling at me.  And not only did I finish, but I didn't stop and I am still alive to tell about it.  Don't tell my inner lazy diva, but I actually enjoyed it.    I decided to use the treadmill because I am not really ready to run outside yet. My neighbors are very nice people and they really don't need to be exposed to that.  I did the "walk" part about 3.6-3.8 mph and the job part 5mph. Nothing earth shattering, but I made it through the whole workout without stopping. Whoot whoot. Things I learned today.
1. I like my running shoes - they work well with my feet. I didn't hurt at all.
2. Remember to breathe. I think this is my biggest problem.
3. As soon as I start jogging, I instantly have to poop. WTH?
4. Thank you Stacey! You made a comment the other day about wearing 2 sports bras, and that was the best tip I've even gotten. That's always been my worst problem with running - it hurt because of my boobs. It really wasn't bad at all with wearing two of them!
5.  Having a large mirror right next to your treadmill is very humbling and motivating all at once.
6.  I need to get a headband or something.  I sweat like a pig!  LMAO!

No comments:

Post a Comment